Sunday, August 8, 2010

I love Wordle

I have to say that I have used Wordle before to create gifts for family and friends - a Wordle about them, their traits, likes, interests and quirkinesses! I can see that Wordle in a classroom would be a fun way to get to know your kids - think of it as a profiling tool where kids write about themselves - what an insight! Wordle would also help to define terminology of a topic to demonstrate declarative knowledge...

title="Wordle: eLearning"> src="http://www.wordle.net/thumb/wrdl/2278185/eLearning"
alt="Wordle: eLearning"
style="padding:4px;border:1px solid #ddd">

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim

    I love wordle too and have also created some before. The thing I really like is that an entire blog, paper, speech or article (to name a few) can be uploaded into it and displayed as a graphic / visual interpretation of the text. As you know the higher the frequency of the words the larger the font in the wordle, and this can be used to find key words, help create meaning... there are many applications for this tool. On my blog
    (http://juliet-e-learning.blogspot.com/2010/08/word-clouds.html)
    I have posted a couple of links to wordle loving educators and they offer many suggestions for using wordle in the classroom.

    The only downfall I have found so far is that it is difficult to embed wordles into blogs and we have to rely on a snipping tool to create a jpeg file.

    I have uploaded some other tools in my blog which work in a similar way to wordle but can be embedded into blogs or wikis.

    Great to see you are enjoying your e-learning journey...Not bad for a couple of "immigrants".

    Juliet

    ReplyDelete